Options

CCNA Or CCENT

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

This may have already been answered before in the forum. I did do a quick search but could not find much.

My boss has agreed to pay for my CCNA but I'm not sure whether to do it in two parts or take it as one exam. If I do it in 2 parts then I will attend two 5 day courses for each part of the exam. Or one 5 day course for the full exam. I have spoken with the course provider ands she says most people do it in two parts and it is easier this way. I'm not sure whether to go for the 1 exam or 2 parts. Doing 10 days worth of training does appeal becuase it would seem that I may learn more that way as opposed to cramming the full CCNA into 5 days. Can anyone share any experiences at all. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Personally I would prefer the one course / exam path .. But that is just me .. most people indeed prefer the two exam path ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I personally would prefer the one exam test as well. But the two might be better since it gives you more experience.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    if your boss is paying for it definitely do it in two parts, it will give you more hands on time and more time for learning in general during the bootcamp
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! quick responses or what. Thanks guys I think I may do it in two parts because I like the idea of 10 days or training instead of just cramming it into five. Althought the downside is doing two exams. Cheers guys
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    you could always do the 10 days training and then still sit just the one exam......
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    All I can do is tell you what I'm doing... Since my work is paying for the exam(s). I've decided to take the 2 test approach... The non-IT managers can look at my "wallpaper" and be impressed, and it gives me a chance to get my feet wet in the certification world of Cisco.... Even though I did take the CCNA 8 years ago.... But it's far different now, I'm sure.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm taking mine in two parts. It's a lot to do all at once, and there's no longer any cost difference between the one or two exam routes. There's a little extra time and gas involved, but that may or may not be an issue for you. I know some people that have to drive 2-3 hours to get to a test center. That certainly changes things!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm taking mine in two parts. It's a lot to do all at once, and there's no longer any cost difference between the one or two exam routes. There's a little extra time and gas involved, but that may or may not be an issue for you. I know some people that have to drive 2-3 hours to get to a test center. That certainly changes things!

Ahhh... True, I tend to forget that people are not as fortunate as I am.... I live 6 to 7 miles from the testing center I normally go to.... And I live literally less than 1 mile from another testing center. The reason I don't go to the closer one is because I believe in being in a certain mindset when taking an exam... I always park in the same place, takes the tests at the same time... It's a little weird I know, but a lot people have their own rituals they go through before events.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I bet you could increase your average score by 5% if you always wore the same clothes too ;)