Sounds good but just wanted to check quality

Id read books.set up labs as well

Thanks
Noel

Comments

• Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I have used CBT Nuggets for 70-270 and 70-290 I found them very good. However I would not use these soley for studying and passing the exam. I think it depends on your experience if you performing a job which cover a lots of the topics then you maybe okay. Personally I would use some of the recommended books on this site and transcender practice exams along with setting up a lab and putting what I have learned into practice. Even if you are very experienced there will be topics such as Microsoft Backs up that you will need to know. I have never worked anywhere that actually uses MS back ups. CBT Nuggets are good but I don't think I would use these on there own. I have never bought directly from CBT nuggets either so I'm not sure how good the support is they provide. I usually buy my copies from e-bay for no more than £10. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi there

Ya thanks for that but how do these videso work..are they just videos of classroom situations etc or what is on videos

What other resouces did you use?

Also are there other good online training?

Thanks
    Noel
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi

The CBT's I have used take you through all the objectives in the exam. It would be similar to how you would get taught in a classroom without the interaction. The trainer takes you through each objective usually showing you exactly how to perform a certain task. For example if you are learning about NT backups the trainer would show you the exact steps on how to do this. The CBTS are usually very informative but for me personally I don't think I could be exam ready just by reviewing the material once. Reviewing the video once will give you an understanding of what you need to pass the exam but I always find I need to deepen what I have learned by using other resources. Here is what I did to pass the 70-290 exam.

70-290 CBT nuggett watched all the videos without pausing to familarise myself with the topics

70-290 MS training kit book read all the way through

70-290 CBT Nugget watched all the way through somtimes rewinding to go over topics that I needed extra revison or was stuggling with

Transcender practice exams

70-290 MS training kit book covered weak topics shown in the practice exams

More Transcender Practice exams so I was passing with at least 95%

When I got on to the MS training book there was a lot of lab work which really helps. I made sure I did all the labs from the book. When I had finished the book I did more lab work to make sure I could implement what I had just learned as well.
  • Options
    DaylongDaylong Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's interesting, they were clear last time I checked certguard, wish it said what unethical behavior it is. I obviously haven't had the issues reported in the ripoff report either, I've received everything as promised and had exceptional support. That being said, the bad reviews would have sent me elsewhere if I wasn't already a customer. I no longer feel comfortable recommending them to anyone, so please disregard. They worked out for me, but there seem to be many that were less fortunate.

From your other post (directed to the OP) a big concern seems to be cost effectiveness, if you are looking at spending a year on the designation, then CBTNuggets probably is a better choice. They offer free sample courses if you haven't found them on the site already.

One thing to keep in mind, as was said before, neither of these offers a complete solution. I feel it's absolutely necessary to use the books (mostly MS Press) as well and a lab. So be sure to count in $30-60 per exam for books in your budget.
    Linux+ in progress
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have mixed feelings on CBT's. I used some and found they are pretty basic in the concepts but don't dive down into specific details that you often want to know. This is why most people recommend using a few books or other study materials and not relying 100% on CBT's. The most annoying thing I remember on a couple vids....... they recommended to "visit their website for more information". Luckily I didn't pay the money for the vids but if I had, I would have been really pissed. All and all, I think the CBT's can be ok to just get a general idea of what the topic is, but for specific details, use other study guides.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I like CBTs as an introduction to the materials. I'll watch the CBTs first and then hit the books, labs, and practice exams.