Options

Global Knowledge / Training

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Global knowledge seems to be a pretty big training provider; they have recently added Vmware to their course listing.

I am currently in the process of getting my company to send me to Exchange 2007 Training and Vmware 3.5 Install and Configure training with global knowledge. In the past I attended Their 70-294 course and found it to be very good. The thing I noticed about them is they have instructurs that teach specific courses all over the country, so It seemed to me they really knew thier stuff, and we used a Ghosted environment so minimal time was spent setting up a lab.

I would like to get feedback from everyone interested in giving it on these two courses through global knowledge and any of thier other courses.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Be careful registering with anyone besides VMware. Unless they've authorized the course, it won't count towards your VCP.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/newsdetail.asp?pageid=5&country=United+States&newsid=464

They are the one provider my company uses for training and i skimmed that link looks like they say they are authorized by vmware for the exam. I'd check with vmware to be safe as well!
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I have had good experiences with Global Knowledge. In this area anyway, the facilities are always top notch and they treat the students very well (drinks, catering, wi-fi access, nice lounge area).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took their Ultimate Exchange 2003 course a couple of years ago, it was the best IT training class I've ever taken. It was a bit above beginner level Exchange install/configure and was taught by an Exchange MVP. I'm hoping to get in the 2007 version of this class in the next 6 months or so.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Always make sure the courses are listed by VMware Education, otherwise they won't count towards the VCP. Don't ever believe the provider.

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/courses.cfm?dsp=all&ui=www
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I'm taking like 5 classes from them soon and hopefully will be able to add all 3 VMWare courses. I'll let ya know my impressions.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    darkerosxx wrote:
    I'm taking like 5 classes from them soon and hopefully will be able to add all 3 VMWare courses. I'll let ya know my impressions.

I assume you're doing install/config and DSA. What's the third course?
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    dynamik wrote:
    darkerosxx wrote:

I assume you're doing install/config and DSA. What's the third course?

Yeah, it's only two! I just took a quick look at it and saw three, but now I see one is a fast track. Yay, one more week I get to work instead of doing training. =/