Options

Server 2008 VM needed for 70-622?

gonzoflickgonzoflick Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I just passed 620 with a 838 and am moving on to my studies of 70-622. I have a server 2008 ISO should I use this in a virtual machine for my lab studies with 70-620. Since this exam is Enterprise config Im assuming they are using vista in conjunction with a server product and that server product would be microsoft's newest in 2008. I also have server 2003 is thats what they use on the exam.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gonzoflickgonzoflick Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow 60 views and no one has any thoughts?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm not really familiar with this exam, but these types of exercises seem like they would be something useful, but that wouldn't really affect the outcome of your exam.

For example, doing things like joining a computer to a domain is really straight forward. Sure, performing the task will help ingrain it in your memory, but it's not like it's a difficult concept to grasp without actually carrying it out.

However, it's so easy to get a server 2008 VM up and running and consequently going through related exercises that there's really no reason not to do it either. It's really up to you. I don't think it's a big deal one way or another.
  • Options
    Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the 70-622 exam two weeks ago. For my study I used vista ultimate, windows xp and a 2003 DC (those are the versions that are used in the excersises of the 70-622 MS study guide).

Also the book gives you good info on what do with the things that have changed with the vista / 2008 platform.(an example of that is the new group policy setup) and how to implement those things in a 2003 domain.

In conclusion : 2003 server should be sufficient (and also preferred) to get the thing done. Remember that this exam was released BEFORE windows 2008. Good luck on the studies and the exam