Options

Taking the exam tomorrow morning....any last minute wisdom?

penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am set to take the exam tomorrow morning at 9:15....so wish me luck. :)

Any last minute wisdom that anyone wants to share?

I have already taken the 291, and passed that with an 800 something....i forget the exact number now. I took about a week off, then started studying for this exam. It has been about 2.5 months now....and I still don't feel 100% on it.

Transcender exams I have taken having me getting between 76-82 ish.... So not stellar....but not bad.

I feel ok about most things.....

With the Transcenders, I get hung up on the occasional odd question where they are looking for the once in a blue moon scenario.

I am open to any last minute cram topics.....

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. Last minute wisdom = don't pull an all nighter.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    Good luck. Last minute wisdom = don't pull an all nighter.

No, I definitely don't do that. I always make sure I get a good nights sleep before an exam. Look over some last minute points in the AM, and then go take the exam.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I passed. Got an 805.....

Had the three sims as well like everyone else.

See you guys on the 294.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Good luck on the 294.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Big congrats! I can't wait to be in your shoes =) I just started reading the Syngress book this week. So far it's just been a review, which is lame in the sense that I'm reading stuff I already know. But good in the sense that I already know it!

Anyways, take a week of and let your brain settle down =d
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, I passed this thing last week. Im sure it goes without saying you are glat this one is done :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    congrats!

Good luck your 294 studies.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did Transcender compare to the real test? Are there any areas that Transcender seemed weak on?
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Nice job penberth! Always a nice feeling to see that "Congratulations! You passed!" message on the screen.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to elaborate a little on the exam on Friday. But like others had posted, I had 3 sim questions. One was really easy, the other two were a little more difficult.

I had a good mixture of PKI, IPSEC, DNS, WINS questions. Most of the DNS questions were pretty easy. The 291 DNS questions were definitely more technical. These questions seemed more theory based.

I was strongest in network design. Some of these questions were pretty easy (IMO). Almost like I couldn't believe that the question was that simple.

Overall, the exam must have been more difficult as my score was lower than my 290 and 291 score.

I plan to take a week or two off and decompress. I was spending way too much time studying, and not much else. My XBOX time has suffered quite a bit as I got closer to the exam.

I am waiting to find out if work is going to send me to Sharepoint training. I should find that out soon. Because if they are, then I will go after that next for my MCSE elective. If not, then I will move on to the 294 exam and finish up the core.

Since I used A+ and Net+ for my MCSA, I need to pick up 3 more exams for my MCSE.

They are 294, 297 or 298, and then an elective.

But once again, thanks everyone for their insight, and encouragement. It helps to keep me going when I would rather just sit on the the couch and play XBOX. :)
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Thanks for the update. Helps people like me who are knee deep in a book know what to keep an eye out for.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you on the elective, but with SCCM 2007. Anyways, enjoy your xbox time.