Options

help with uninstall

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys,

Can any of you help with an uninstall I'm trying to do? I need to unistall an application on around 200 machines. I have a bat file that uninstalls the application I know I can put this in the start up folder and reboot and that should do the job. I don't really want the machine to reboot though. If i run the bat file on my machine I do not need to reboot. So I'm looking for a way to execute this command whillst the machines are logged in.

I have Symantec Ghost and you can execute commands from this but I cannot get it to work. I have copied the bat file into the command section and chose to run from target O.S instead of there is a field for argument as well but I'm not sure what goes in here.

Alternatively do any of you know how I can deploy changes to each machine registery. So far I have made the changes I need to the registery and exported to a .reg file. If I then run this from my machine it imports the changes I want which is great but I'm not sure how to do this to all 200 machines.

Either an uninstall or changes to the registry would be a suitable solution for me. We are making some major changes to the way calls are recorded at work and I have been tasked with uninstalling a flaky app called silent monitor which is not doing the proper job of recording calls. If I make the changes to the reg it will basically break the connection and stop the calls being recorded which is what we need in order to integrate Nice with ICM. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys