Options

To all my ACDC/Metallica fans.....

learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
After 15 years, a new album is coming out in October. 30 second snippet of the new single(out in 6 days) on this site:
http://www.acdc-bootlegs.com/

New Metallica's not too bad either, I heard their new single today, very ...And Justice for All-ish. I'm not crazy about the singing but there are some really good riffs.

EDIT: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103278
Added metallica link also.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That AC/DC snippet is all too familiar icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anyone else really disappointed with Metallica's recent lyrics? It seemed like their older songs contained so much fantasy, mystery, and darkness. This new stuff just seems to be too modern (in terms of content) and uninspired/unimaginative. At least it looks like they're letting Kirk do a few solos this time around...
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I couldn't listen to the whole Metallica song. I'll leave it at that. I don't fault Metallica though. They got older, they changed. It's cool to try to seem them try their older style again. But they just don't have that older style going for them anymore.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I enjoyed "The Day That Never Comes", the lyrics were pretty good but the vocals could have been better. The solo at the end is what I would expect from Metallica, so all in all I am pretty happy with it. Not as good as the older material, but to expect that much would just be unrealistic. I for one am looking forward to the new CD. :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I enjoyed "The Day That Never Comes", the lyrics were pretty good but the vocals could have been better. The solo at the end is what I would expect from Metallica, so all in all I am pretty happy with it. Not as good as the older material, but to expect that much would just be unrealistic. I for one am looking forward to the new CD. :)

+1 the radio station played it all day, and by the 5th time I heard it, I started to enjoy it. I have also heard reports that the rest of the album is pretty...er...metal compared to their last releases. I will be picking this one up! :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Aging rock bands should just quit when they're starting on the decline IMO. I've not liked any of the newer Metallica stuff as it just doesn't have the same feel/style as their older stuff. They were very good originally but no so now.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    tiersten wrote:
    Aging rock bands should just quit when they're starting on the decline IMO. I've not liked any of the newer Metallica stuff as it just doesn't have the same feel/style as their older stuff. They were very good originally but no so now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a band sticking around and playing a more mature type of music. They are artists and do not want to do the same things over and over. A band that never grows and matures its sound probably isn't very good anyway.

I don't like Metallica's new stuff either, but I do respect them for trying something new and not just rewriting the same old heavy metal tracks another way just for the money.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.