Options

Using older resources for the 822...

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I have gone through the Sybex CCENT book, but I also have sitting on a shelve a box set of older books... Updated 2005 (Intro and ICND1) exams 640-821 and 640-811 (Cisco Press) (Odom). So, if I have time to only read one before taking the 822, which should it be?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Depends on whether you want to review for the ICND1 exam or get a jump on the ICND2 exam.

The old INTRO did lots of the basic network trivia and history and just started in on the care and feeding of a router. The new ICND1 exam expects a CCENT to hook up a basic network of routers and have them talking to each other -- so some of the stuff from the old ICND exam is now in the new ICND1 exam.

You may just want to check the ICND1 Exam Blueprint and see if there are any topics you feel you could use more work on -- then use the table of contents (or index) from both the old books to see which chapters would be useful.

The old INTRO/ICND exams did have some overlap, so some topics could be in both books.. You could just pick one -- probably the ICND book, and drop back to the INTRO book if you need another (or more in depth) look at the overlapping topics.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Cool, I will start with the ICND and if I have time before the exam I will read the Intro. Thanks!