Options

ICND 2

ChristianReedChristianReed Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, im taking the ICND 2 in 2 days and I have a few questions.

First, how are the router simulation questions on it.

Also, what is the depth of knowledge of NAT that I need to know; should I know all of the commands by memory?

And Finally, is this particular test oriented to any certain type of questions or is it a mix?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ICND 2 Exam Blueprint

[quote=Cisco Online Certification Support
    ]As a matter of policy Cisco Systems, Inc. does not disclose the content of our certification exams. This includes exam pass marks, the exact number of questions on each exam, as well as the number of each type of question a candidate will see during their exam. Be sure to visit the CCNA Website at www.cisco.com/go/ccna and review the exam outline for each exam.[/quote]

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I saw my cousin's CBT video on the icnd2 and Jeremy says you must be a NAT junkie.

A junkie.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would say you gotta know everything inside out anyways. If you dont know how to NAT then your probably taking arisk as you wont be ready. but i'd be interested to see how youve done?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    ICND 2 Exam Blueprint

[quote=Cisco Online Certification Support
    ]As a matter of policy Cisco Systems, Inc. does not disclose the content of our certification exams. This includes exam pass marks, the exact number of questions on each exam, as well as the number of each type of question a candidate will see during their exam. Be sure to visit the CCNA Website at www.cisco.com/go/ccna and review the exam outline for each exam.

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    [/quote]
    For those of you who don't know, this is Mike-nese for "there are no stupid questions, only angry, angry answers".

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hehe, yes I can just see Mike ready with the cut 'n paste ready to catch the next offender off guard icon_lol.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    well i passed with a 977 so yeah. Plus im still in high school so now its time for RFID + and CWNA
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

CCENT is a great accomplishment especially for a young student in high school.

Does your school have the academy program or did you do all self study?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I studied on my own using only packet tracer and todd lammles book. I actually scored 100 points higher on the ICND 2 over the ICND 1.
  • Options
    What are your plans for the future if you don't mind me asking?

Are you planning on going on to a degree or trying to find work right out of highschool?
  • Options
    Well i have 2 more years of high school, then im definitely going to college. I am thinking for engineering and just using these certs for a side job of some sort. I more into building than actual network administration. However, i feel they provide good information and i enjoy doing them. By the end of the year, Im working for CWNA, CCDA and RFID+. Perhaps next year I will try for the CCNP (which i would have to buy equip. for a lab), Secuity+, and A+.
  • Options
    Good luck with all that!

I wish I had your motivation in high school. You should try to get some work in the summer if you can. Nothing like some experience to go along with those certs! Looks like you are on a great path!
  • Options
    yeah thanks, i should start looking around for an internship or something
  • Options
    I would look, but don't burn yourself out. I was thinking just maybe some kind of part time computer gig in the summer. The key would be to find something you enjoy because you are so young the experience at this point would only be a plus and not any kind of requirement. Besides its your summer vacation from high school, I'm sure the last thing you want is a full time stressful job.

Just ensure you have fun and enjoy life on top of going for your goals!
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Enjoy your Summer or get a quality Summer Internship for experience. Don't settle just for a PC Tech job unless you want to go that route. Try to get something that will challenge you and help you grow. I'm sure there are many companies looking for a motivated youngster who is already trying to get ahead of the game. You have plenty of time to decide what you want to go into...Computer Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, etc.

With the path you are taking now, when you hit college, I see some quality internships with the likes of Microsoft, Google, or even Cisco, etc. Keep your options open and keep doing what you are doing. You are already successful!!
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)