Options

CCNA S

nangananga Member Posts: 201
I have a CCNA 2 yr ago while I was doing my graduation. On the way I collected Security + and SCCP Associate.

I dont have a work exp on actual routers. I am planning to CCNA Security. I am famiar with most of the concepts, but then really really struggle with some cisco specific concepts.

Any advice on how to go about studying for this exam

At the end I dont want to end up into configuring stuff but doing security and risk mgmt.

Can anyone help me

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the exam blueprint -- a bunch of the exam topics are configuration related, and use SDM. It probably would be easiest to bite the bullet and get a couple routers for practice that support SDM (the CCNA FAQ has a link to the supported routers).

The only study options other than the Cisco Documentation and White Papers are the Cisco Press CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide and the Cisco Press CCNA Security Quick Reference (Digital Short Cut). Check the Cisco Press CCNA Concentration page for the links to those.

As you study, you may have to go back and review your old CCNA books for some of the old CCNA topics if you've forgotten a bunch of the stuff.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    thanks for motivating mike, u r right I should go back to the ccna stuff and refresh it .... might give me some confidence