Options

VMware Workstation In a production environment

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am considering the possiblity of using VMware workstation 6.xx to host our front end mail server and one of our domain controllers. I will host this on our file server (which I will be upgrading to new hardware. I wanted to get everyones opinion on this before I did it, I have used workstation alot and feel like I can manage it, but I was wondering if anyone else is doing this currently and what experiences they have had as I have never done P2V conversion and then run a once physical machine as a virtual.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    slinuxuzer wrote:
    I am considering the possiblity of using VMware workstation 6.xx to host our front end mail server and one of our domain controllers. I will host this on our file server (which I will be upgrading to new hardware. I wanted to get everyones opinion on this before I did it, I have used workstation alot and feel like I can manage it, but I was wondering if anyone else is doing this currently and what experiences they have had as I have never done P2V conversion and then run a once physical machine as a virtual.
    Use VMware Server at least! Its free as well so no issues about cost.