Options

QoS pre-classify

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
Trying to wrap my head around Qos Pre-classify (for ONT), am I right with the following thinking:
-applying QoS service policy to the tunnel interface with or without the QoS pre-classify command will still mean that the QoS is applied to the pre-tunnel header, but only for the traffic in that tunnel.
-applying QoS service policy to the physical interface with QoS pre-classify will mean that the QoS is applied to pre-tunnel header info, and it will be for all the traffic in all the tunnel enumerating from the physical interface.
-applying QoS service policy to the physical interface without QoS pre-classify will mean that the QoS is applied to post-tunnel header info, again for all the traffic in all the tunnel enumerating from the physical interface.

help is much appreciated.
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    My understanding was simply that traffic with a next hop over the GRE tunnel interface, would be sent to GRE for encapsulation. If the qos pre-classify command was enabled, that the router would mark the traffic with the correct dscp values (assigned to the policy map) prior to GRE encapsulation, and would apply the correct policies defined under the policy map.
    Now working full time!