Testout 70-431 (good for noobs?)

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
I see they have a course for 70-431 available. I've loved pretty much everything testout has offered (CCNA, MCSE, CompTIA).

I was wondering if anyone had used this? I'm a complete newbie to SQL, and databases in general. However, I have over 3 years experience as a system admin.

Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    You wont get much help here for sql. I would recommend the microsoft sql forum...and there's one other thats good but I dont have it saved here.

I would say, dont be overwhelmed...most of the concepts were new to me, took a few weeks to really grasp what was going on.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know this thread is a bit old, but... I think TestOut 70-431 is great. The simulations are good to help you learn and the progression is pretty easy to follow. I do not recommend that you use this as you only source of study, unless you get the complete pack. I bought the DVD only on eBay and enoyed the instruction a lot, but it goes very quickly over some ideas. I would suggest the 70-431 MS PRess book and SQL Server 2005 unleashed to suplement your study material.

So, yes. The TestOut for this exam is good for noobs.
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    Excellent, thank you VERY much for that revew!