Options

subnetting questions.com

dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have mainly been using subnettingquestions.com as a test-question pool to draw from... and one other site that randomly generates a network and you have to just find the 1st, last and BC.. and all the ranges if you want.

I have almost exactly 4 weeks until my exam date. If I am consistently correctly answering all the questions on subnettingquestions.com in my head within 25-35 seconds or less... would you say I'm about where I should be or ahead? or Need more practice?? I know there may be Cisco confidentiality rules from speaking specifics but... if anyone could tell me even in a vague sense of where I sit right now on my subnetting skills, I would appreciate it. THen I can feel comfortable spending more time elsewhere.

Thanks for any input!,
Dale

*(9/30/08 - Judgement Day)*

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think anything around a minute is considered to be a good pace. If you're doing them that fast, I don't think you're going to have any hangups on that portion of the exam.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dale, that website your practicing off is very good and if your able to do a question in 25 seconds, you are right on track. IMO, the questions on the website were easier than what I encountered on my test (although a year and a half ago). The website is good practice but you should be looking at other sources as well, such as other websites, maybe some books which have subnetting exercises like the Odom book.

A tip I like to give, while practicing even if you know the correct answer outright just by a glance at the choices, take a moment or two to see why the wrong answers are wrong. Enhances your knowledge and makes you feel confident.

Good luck, we hope to see a pass thread soon! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the input... Today I'm going to seek out some more question pools to draw from. Just got back from the store; bought a huge whiteboard and markers. I'm going to start going back and working them out instead of my fast(er) way of doing it,..

Thanks again for the feedback!

Dale
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are def on the right track, infact you are becoming the track icon_lol.gif .

I got mine down to around 15-20 seconds for the exams and that was good enough i would say BUT make sure you keep practising everyday until your exams. i done around 1 hr per day.

All i can say is be prepared to apply that knowledge to different scenario's and not just straight up questions.

Good luck with the exam dale!

Let us know how it goes.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    ddzierzek wrote:
    Thanks for the input... Today I'm going to seek out some more question pools to draw from. Just got back from the store; bought a huge whiteboard and markers. I'm going to start going back and working them out instead of my fast(er) way of doing it,..

Dale

Does depend on what type of questions you are answering in 20-25 seconds. If it's the big ones then it's good but if it's the simple subnet/broadcast type, you should be hitting those in about 10 seconds or less. Subnetting questions will just be a small part of a much larger question when it comes to the exam.

It seems you do have a very good grasp of subnetting so maybe you should spend the remaining two weeks in another area you may not be as strong in. Then, just hit subnetting questions for about 10 minutes a day just to keep the cogs working.

Would suck to get all the subnetting right on the exam but fail in another area.

BTW - Good Luck in two weeks.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote:
    ddzierzek wrote:

Dale

Does depend on what type of questions you are answering in 20-25 seconds. If it's the big ones then it's good but if it's the simple subnet/broadcast type, you should be hitting those in about 10 seconds or less. Subnetting questions will just be a small part of a much larger question when it comes to the exam.

It seems you do have a very good grasp of subnetting so maybe you should spend the remaining two weeks in another area you may not be as strong in. Then, just hit subnetting questions for about 10 minutes a day just to keep the cogs working.

Would suck to get all the subnetting right on the exam but fail in another area.

BTW - Good Luck in two weeks.

Yeah, I totally see what you both are saying... while I can answer those questions pretty fast on that site... I googled some more practice questions and came upon some scenario questions. They took me much longer. It was kind of a setback for me because here I thought I was where I should be but when they applied it to a problem scenario... all the sudden I was stuck for a bit...

Thanks for your input too!

Dale