Setting up OMA on windows Mobile devices

mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Afternoon all,

Im trying to configure a solution to get all our sister companies Windows Mobile devices to continue to sync their emails after we put in an sbs 2k3 server in their office and add them to their own domain.

Ive done it before for another company by creating an A record called "mail.xxxx.co.uk" and also by beaming across a ready made certificate from my PDA to all the ones that need the certificate from the new server. However when looking at step by step guides on the net, nobody mentions an A record. Do I need one? Additionally is it as simple as going through the internet connection wizard, creating the sbscert.cer and piutting it on the existing PDAs?

Apologies if this is confusing, I just want to check that when the new server is in place, people will be able to grab their emails from their windows mobile devices with minimal disruption!!

cheers,

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There has to be an A record in your Internet facing DNS for whichever name you're using to publish the site - mail.domain.co.uk in your case, and the certificate has to use the same name.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...