Anyone using IE 8?

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I just downloaded it, looking to install shortly.

Comments

• stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I ran it on my laptop for a few days and ran into issues with Yahoo email. If you have an attachment and view the attachment and want to delete the email, I ended up having to constantly refresh the page. I removed it and went back to 7, no more issues, I even tried compatibility mode same deal.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's for devs only. Don't run it, there's too many issues with it.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plus if you run it with XP SP3 you will have to remove the service pack before you can remove it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:
    It's for devs only. Don't run it, there's too many issues with it.

Like it using more resources than XP itself? icon_lol.gif
  • sliptmickeysliptmickey Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been using it for about a week now, and haven't had any real issue with it to speak of at the moment. I'm using it with Vista vice XP. I'm sure IE8 was designed more with Vista in mind than XP in mind which may account for my lack of any real problems. IE8 should be a fine enough browser once they release the actual model.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    20050215-get-firefox.jpg

J/K. I generally don't like messing with Beta software.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It'd be okay to test out if it wasn't so integrated with Windows. I know you can use hacks to remove IE but that tends to break bits of Windows.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IE8 does provide an uninstall feature. It's just not under the add/remove programs. It's in the Add/Remove Windows Components. A lot of people think once IE8 is installed you're stuck due to it not showing in add/remove programs, but that's not the case.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    IE8 does provide an uninstall feature. It's just not under the add/remove programs. It's in the Add/Remove Windows Components. A lot of people think once IE8 is installed you're stuck due to it not showing in add/remove programs, but that's not the case.
    Thats if you're not using XP SP3...
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm runnning IE8 right now... I didn't see any problem yet on Win XP. I'm sure it will come in very soon...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well regardless of how you look at it - its in beta stage so how can someone not expect to posibly run into bugs etc?

That being said, what explains the issue's after release icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    Well regardless of how you look at it - its in beta stage so how can someone not expect to posibly run into bugs etc?
    I'm not. I'm just saying that if there are any bugs then it may cause bigger issues since its basically part of Windows. There are already uninstall issues if you've got SP3 installed.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Well, since I have SP3 on my current laptop I am not going to install.

Thanks for the info.