Options

A+ plus ? hmm

yattamoyattamo Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm new (old college student) icon_eek.gif to this forum and am planning to take both tests in the same day.

Is that a good idea or should I give myself a couple days space?

I'm thinking that It'll be pretty fresh on my mind. icon_confused.gif

I'm studying Thompson's A+ Guide to Hardware & Software and PC and repair maintenance 3 books.

any advice
You become the best by thinking that you can be the best

Comments

• Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I took them both on the same day. IMHO, there's enough overlap that it makes it a lot easier to just study for both at the same time. If you just study for one, you might skip over something that you thought wouldn't be on the specific test you're taking, and wind up with a few questions which you don't know! I know it doesn't seem like there'd be much overlap between hardware and software, but I remember some networking and hard-drive questions that probably could have been listed on either test. I can't remember anything specifically though...lol

Secondly, I think it'd just be easier to get it all over with. I know a couple people that are "half-certified" with the A+, because they'll take the hardware and then be too scared to take the OS portion. This can cause some problems, because the people who took the 2001 hardware test must now take the 2003 OS test by June or else they'll have to retake the OS portion! Yikes!

But do what works for you,.
  • Options
    yattamoyattamo Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I kinda figured that.

Thanks Bighusker
    You become the best by thinking that you can be the best