Mercenaries 2 IA problem

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
I bought Mercenaries 2 yesterday and on playing it the IA seems to be messed up. For instance people only shoot at you when your in a car, then when you get out they continue shooting at the car and don't give you a second look icon_eek.gif

could this be a problem just on my disk?

It's funny playing the game because some of the graphic like the water are real good but alot of the graphics are pretty poor, it's almost like the game isn't quite finished.

Anyone else got a copy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought about getting it, this is from wikipedia on it, seems it isn't just you with that...
    Critics also pointed out the mostly unintelligent AI, with allies ignoring commands or turning suicidal, and enemies failing to properly attack or search for the player. A major criticism was pointed at the high number of bugs, which Gamespot called "unacceptable in a retail release," leading to a 'mediocre' score of 5.0[13]
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought about getting it, this is from wikipedia on it, seems it isn't just you with that...
    Critics also pointed out the mostly unintelligent AI, with allies ignoring commands or turning suicidal, and enemies failing to properly attack or search for the player. A major criticism was pointed at the high number of bugs, which Gamespot called "unacceptable in a retail release," leading to a 'mediocre' score of 5.0[13]

it is unacceptable quality given the way they've advertised this game, and god if the enemies don't even shoot back it's no fun plus there's no reason for the game to be so bad it's not like the technology isn't there.

I find it quite insulting that you pay all this money for decent hardware to run these games and the producer can't give a game worthy of that!
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm surprised at all the good scores it got on Metacritic. Gamespot gave it a 5/10 and that seems to be dead on.
    Gamespot wrote:
    Mercenaries 2 is filled with bugs and glitches that are unacceptable in a retail release. Even if it were possible to overlook the broken elements, you're still left with abysmal AI, repetitive mission structure, unsatisfying weapons, and a huge world without much to do.