Options

NetAcad and Cisco press book

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
I was reading my Cisco Network Fundamentals book and I found it really... bland. Do instructors actively pick these books or are they a requirement of the NetAcad program that the school uses, does Cisco gives the schools funds for the program?

I did have a lot of fun the first day we did the lab at my school though, even though the computers were set up kinda weird for it (I'm not sure what they did, so I ended up just using my laptop since I had it along with me).

I'm not sure if I would take the second NetAcad course next semester, the labs are really fun but the book is going to be the way it is then I'll think really hard about it.

The funny this is, I found my Linux book more enjoyable then my Cisco book.

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Talic wrote:
    I was reading my Cisco Network Fundamentals book and I found it really... bland. Do instructors actively pick these books or are they a requirement of the NetAcad program that the school uses, does Cisco gives the schools funds for the program?

Books are selected by Cisco, I also know the schools get a discount on gear, don't think they get money though. Personally I like the Study guides and the Online material.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.