Old books

IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
I moved last week and right now all my books are sitting in boxes. I don’t have a bookshelf yet as it got busted in the move. I was thinking what do you guys do with your old cert books? Do you keep them for reference, let friends borrow them or do you sell them once you’re finished? I had a friend borrow my security+ book and when it came back I had to throw it out it was in such bad shape.

I like to keep my books incase I need to use them as a point of reference.
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I keep all mine. I love books in general and usually do not even make notes in them. If I loan a book and it comes back in really bad shape the person who borrowed it will be buying me a new one.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I keep my books for reference. I have a hard time reading through a book once and will probably never reread the whole thing a second time. If my shelf starts running out of room, I'll usually toss the oldest and least used books.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I try to find people to give them to. I'm usually moving on to more advanced material so there's no reason to keep what I've already gone through. At that point, you should be able to reference whatever you need to on Technet or whatever anyway. I have a couple of large Server 2003 reference books, but I've gotten rid of all of my exam-specific resources. I have four 4' wide bookcases that are overflowing with books (some shelves are stacked two-deep). If it's not something I need, it disappears. I also have a Safari subscription, so I can always quickly take a peak at an old book if I really need to. There's no reason to waste shelf space just for that.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I donate a lot of my "no longer needed" books to my city library. They either accession donated books or sell them in their used book shop for amazingly low prices. I tried selling books to used books stores, but they are very picky about what they'll take. I've also sold my used books through an Amazon.com zShop, but that was more trouble than it was worth.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I keep them. To be honest, I've not read some of them but I've still got them if I ever do...