Options

ASA5505 was working but now i am not able to ping local reso

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Forum,
I successfully configured my ASA5505 the other day, and everything was working great. Today i have remote users telling me that they are unable to connect to remote resource (servers at my location). They are unable to ping our file server, and exchange server. This was working just last week, and no modifications were made. the first thing i did to troublshoot this issue was to backup the running configure to Flash, and did a reload on the ASA, but this did not help.

the ASA also provides a LAN-to-LAN connection as well, and we have been moving a lot of data to our remote office. Could this impact the connects to the peer-to-peer?

Would this be classed as a routing issue or layer 2 issue?

thank you,
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Did you make sure nothing was changed on the other side?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you using Sysopt to bypass ACLs on the outside? Have you configured any blocks on the inside inbound/outbound? Put a permit ip (vpn subnet) any as the first line of your outside-in interface ACL and from the ASDM use the Packet Tracer tool to sim-test packets from their subnet back to your servers and vice versa (The Packet Tracer does not read the Sysopt bypass so you need to manually allow the traffic for it to be accurate, remove this ACL entry when you are done). Let us know where it says it is failing.
    It's most likely a NAT or security ACL issue.

Last up check your routing at the server site and make sure your VPN pool is directed to your ASA.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?