A bit worried...

jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
I had a job lined up with a company not to long ago... I went for an interview at their small office at the Airport (Because they mainly do business at the airport). And the guy I spoke to on the phone was not there, another Manager figure was and he had me fill out an application and sit for a small interview. The guy who had me go there called me back and said he had good news and they would like to extent a job offer for the Computer Technician position, then he said he would call me back for my start date etc.

Well one week went by so I called him and asked if everything was ok with the job... He apologized and said the company had to do cut backs and gave a red light on new hires... He noted he would call me if anything opens.

Now two more weeks later the same job posting is on craigslist...

I called again and explained I applied before he asked my name then said "Oh yah I was going to call you about the position, the company just gave the go ahead to hire another technician"

I feel very odd about this situation and hope nothing identify theft wise has happened. Is there any way I can find if this guy is really an employee of this company? Should I find a CEO email address or something?
"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Got an E-mail back from the Chief Operator and he said that the guy I spoke to is indeed an employee... But I'm still kind of iffy...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    It sounds kind of funky, but If you are having a tough time getting a job I'd at least give it a go. People get busy, and sometimes forget to return calls. I'd try to get an interview, meet with some people and see how it goes. You also might try to set up an account on LinkedIn and see if you can find someone from the company on there.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    The managers in a small office that doesn't have an HR department will tend to be a little sloppy with matters that are non-day-to-day, such as hiring people. Go through with the full interview process and elect not to take a job offer if the place seems more trouble than it's worth.