Buying used test prep materials

msltechiemsltechie Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks -
I've read through all your comments and have a question - can you recommend any web site that sells discounted or used test prep software? A lot of you recommended Transcender and I'll like to try them, but I was hoping to save a bit of cash. I checked the usual suspects (eBay, Yahoo, etc), but didn't see anything priced substantially less than retail. I did find a few offers from test voucher resellers that included the materials but I didn't know if you get the same set as if you pony up for the full package from the developers. Thanks for any opinions and suggestions.

Mike
I aspire to be the person my dogs think I am...

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    msltechie wrote:
    Hey folks -
    I've read through all your comments and have a question - can you recommend any web site that sells discounted or used test prep software? A lot of you recommended Transcender and I'll like to try them, but I was hoping to save a bit of cash. I checked the usual suspects (eBay, Yahoo, etc), but didn't see anything priced substantially less than retail. I did find a few offers from test voucher resellers that included the materials but I didn't know if you get the same set as if you pony up for the full package from the developers. Thanks for any opinions and suggestions.

Mike
    If you follow the link on the TechExams left menu for "Exam Vouchers" it will take you to GetCertify4Less, I've been buying there Transcender & Exam Kits. So for $195 you get a voucher for a Microsoft Prometric Exam that usually costs $125 and a Transcender Practice Exam that runs for about $139. Total savings of ~$70, it basically makes the practice exam half price. I've bought 4 this way now with no problems.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you are from the states your library is going to be very valuable here. Ask about link+, the ability to borrow books from hundreds of libraries. I got a lot of good material that way.

I also went to amazon.com and picked up some of my books for as low as $15. half priced books also has the outdated editions.

Over all IT certification can be very expensive. Chances are you won't find the software cheap.
    -Daniel