Options

ipconfig and vmware question

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
I'm curious where does the virtual nic get their addresses. Even if vmware is off I can still see the virtual nics and their connected. Is it possible to configure those in under the "host machine"?

Regarding ipconfig, how can I specify which nic I want to run the command. Lets say I want to issue ipconfig /release with my "lan1" and I don't want the virtual nics to release their ip.

pardon with my grammar icon_redface.gif
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    What VMware are you using?

With regard to ipconfig you can specify the NIC connection name i.e Local Area Connection 2 when you issue the command

ipconfig /renew Local Area Connection 2

or you can use wildcards ipconfig /renew Local* which will renew all starting with Local

If you Ipconfig /? it will show you all the commands available
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    dave0212 wrote:
    What VMware are you using?

With regard to ipconfig you can specify the NIC connection name i.e Local Area Connection 2 when you issue the command

ipconfig /renew Local Area Connection 2

or you can use wildcards ipconfig /renew Local* which will renew all starting with Local

If you Ipconfig /? it will show you all the commands available

I'm now using vmware workstation. Im just curious to know if the virtual nics is configurable under my host machine. thanks dave. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    I haven't actually used that software but from other VM experience the ipconfig is completed within the OS installed on the VM instance.

Someone who has used the software may know otherwise :D
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP