Options

PC problems?

MadoloMadolo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a hardware problem

When i switch on my PC i see smoke. HELP!!!?
This is what happened, every time i switch the PC on it would always restart on its own so i tried reinstalling windows again by booting it from a CD which it didn't respond, so i decided to take out the hard drive and put it in a external hard drive so that i could connect it to another PC in order to format the hard drive. well it could not detect it so i put back the the hard drive and then the next thing i see is smoke when i switched it on and the thing died. PLS HELP!!!! what did i do wrong, how can i fix this and how can i avoid this from happening again? if you know any websites that can help pls mention them. icon_confused.gif:
Can u pull out a rabbit out of a hat?
(not literally) hint - can u do beyond your limit

Comments

• Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Firstly welcome to Techexams, I hope you enjoy posting here

Secondly please provide all relevant info when asking a question, if you are vague then you will either get no response or helpful people will ask for more info

Thirdly your issue of smoke coming from your PC, it sounds like you have fried the motherboard or processor or both, I would not consider buying a new of either as you may get the same effect which will cost you to find out. Only solution I feel is to purchase a new motherboard and processor which these days is very very cheap if you know were to buy from

At a wild guess, your processor fan may have bacome dislodged and if your motherboard does not have any failsafe features like cutting all power when it reaches a certain temperature then this can be the result

Let us know how you get on fixing it

Lee H