Options

Anti-virus, Anti-Spam and Firewall all in one

mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
http://www.equiinet.com/netpilot/products/netpilotlite.asp

What do you guys reckon to these? There is a £200 a year subscription fee to keep things up to date, but instead of offering people seperate packages for spam and anti-virus, this looks like a great and simple alternative. I would normally offer GFI and McAfee or Kaspersky to small organizations but was toying with the idea of looking into this. Has anyone here used one of these, if so, is it any good?

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I don't have an equiinet, but I have a watchguard UTM. For the most part I love it. The spam filtering on the watchguard is a joke as the rules are controled by a third party company, so I stick with GFI. But the rest of the antivirus, IPS, weblocker, ect I love.

I still use antivirus on the desktops though. This helps prevents a user bypassing the firewall with a virus on a floppy, usb, cd, ect...Better to be safe than sorry.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    buy a cisco ASA or an cisco ISR you be able to do more things ips,firewall, qos,routing,etc
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ilcram19-2 wrote:
    buy a cisco ASA or an cisco ISR you be able to do more things ips,firewall, qos,routing,etc
    Or a Juniper SSG
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Or a Fortigate
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    Don't forget about watchguard or soincwall those are great firewalls and they have av and anti- spam on them.

At my work we mostly run trend micro worry free for the av/anti-spam and a watchguard or soincwall for the firewall.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    drainey wrote:
    Or a Fortigate
    I approve this message.