Options

Rumor: Microsoft to buy Citrix

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I've been discussing it with a few guys in the space and while it would be interesting, there are too many negatives against it (considering what the purchase price would likely be). The rumors of a Microsoft takeover have been running around since the days of WinFrame, but it would sure put a damper on VMworld next week!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man, two great conferences I'm missing next week. VMworld and Internet Telephony Conference. Bleh. icon_sad.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    Man, two great conferences I'm missing next week. VMworld and Internet Telephony Conference. Bleh. icon_sad.gif
    Yeah I had to cancel my VMworld attendance this year too. I had to miss BriForum as well, its been a bad year for me and conferences. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    article wrote:
    This one is new. I was told that last week Citrix laid off 20-30 people. All of the people laid off held business relationship jobs and I heard most of the IBM relationship team was let go. Why is this? Is it because Microsoft does not need them? Lord knows, Microsoft and IBM are not fans and I would guess Citrix would not need an IBM relationship team if they were purchased by Microsoft.

You also might not need an IBM relationship team if IBM were buying you....

That said, IMHO this could end up many different ways... I have heard many times this year that IBM and others are looking to become more formidable in the virtualization markets...

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote:
    You also might not need an IBM relationship team if IBM were buying you....

That said, IMHO this could end up many different ways... I have heard many times this year that IBM and others are looking to become more formidable in the virtualization markets...

MS
    Yes IBM and Cisco are candidates as both are feeling a lot of pressure in new markets from both Microsoft and VMware.