Working on Saturday/Off Hours - Share your story

thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
So today I am at work because I recently found out that an Exchange server here has its OS and transaction log partitions on a RAID 0.

To resolve I am taking an image of the virtual disk using paragon HDD manager 2008, then I will swap out the drives for something a bit larger, configure them as RAID 1 and put the image back on.

This box has been in PRODUCTION for about 3 years now, I have been here for 1 year and never thought to check the disk layout. (I started out as VPN/Network/AD/VC, and only recently have taken on Exchange).

So... 3 years, running on RAID 0, with two maxtor scsi drives that are prone to failure (this revision at least).

Yay!

So what is everyone else doing today at work?

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    theseman wrote:
    So what is everyone else doing today at work?

Same thing we do everyday Pinky... Try to take over the WORLD!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nope. I'm at home. They don't like us working on weekends unless absolutely necessary because its double time if it is and can be taken in lieu as well.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Same thing we do everyday Pinky... Try to take over the WORLD!

HAHAHAHAH, oh hell, that gave me a good laugh
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    tiersten wrote:
    Nope. I'm at home. They don't like us working on weekends unless absolutely necessary because its double time if it is and can be taken in lieu as well.

According to my employer, IT people have to be salary because we spend so much time watching things reboot/download/etc. You know, just sitting there? They say it's a federal gov't regulation.

PS. I hate them.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just took the time off again later in Lieu of extra hours worked if it was major. Since my current manager never tries to force extra time I don't mind doing an hour or 2 here or there for 'free' anyway, just so long as it never becomes an expectation and remains my choice I'm fine with it.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?