CCME Upgrade

jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question that is kicking my butt. This all began with me not having a command that is being used in Cisco Network Academy for the ONT material.

At the end of a module, they gave a practice lab that used the command "codec" under ephone configuration. My dreams were stricken down, though...

I guess I'll take a step back to make my issue more apparent.

Last night I configured GNS3 to use CCME in a small lab using the image c3725-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-21.bin. This was then connected to my laptop's wireless NIC and a VM. I then used Cisco IP Communicator on both systems and all was grand. I could "call" my laptop from the VM and vice versa.

But, I tried to mimic the lab and I had no "codec" keyword. Now, I think I know why it's not there, although I could be wrong (highly likely :) ). The version of CCME on the image is 3.3 when I use the "telephony-service setup" command. The lab uses 4.0. Now, I did research and found out that 4.3 is the most current, but my issue is the following:

How in the hells bells do you upgrade 3.3 to 4.3 from within the IOS? I truly spent most of the day trying to find my answer and I have nothing. I feel like I lost about 250 Google Skill points today. Maybe this is well beyond the scope of what I need at this very moment, but I can't let this go. Anyone have any documentation or advice on doing this?

I was thinking of posting this in the CCVP forum, but that place seems like a barren tundra wasteland inhabited only by a few lonely souls.

As always, thanks in advance.
policy-map type inspect TACO
class type inspect BELL
drop log

Comments