Options

CCENT difficulty

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
I was wondering what the difficulty of 640-822 ICND1 was compared to Network+. Since it is the lowest level Cisco cert now rather then CCNA. If CCNA was considered college associate level and N+ was high school then CCENT would be like first year college?

Another thing I was wondering is it best to study for both ICND1 and 2? After having both of under your belt, then take CCENT?

I decided to go for the two test method because of the extra time, but with the price hike does it not make sense to go for the single test method? I tried to get a price comparison but it seems like it varies between region and if you can get the NetAcad discount. Did anyone get a take the test using NetAcad? Would a college discount be more or IS that the college discount since the program is part of the class?

One thing, is the higher test number for 640-822 ICND1 due for the test being newer or is there another reason?

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Talic wrote:
    I was wondering what the difficulty of 640-822 ICND1 was compared to Network+. Since it is the lowest level Cisco cert now rather then CCNA. If CCNA was considered college associate level and N+ was high school then CCENT would be like first year college?

Continuing with your analogy, it could be seen that way. CCENT is obviously Cisco specific being that it is about networking in the "Cisco" way of networking where as Network+ is vendor neutral. All the basic information that you learned in Network+ about TCP/IP, you will see in CCENT.

Talic wrote:
    Another thing I was wondering is it best to study for both ICND1 and 2? After having both of under your belt, then take CCENT?

I decided to go for the two test method because of the extra time, but with the price hike does it not make sense to go for the single test method?

ICND2 subject material will not be seen in the 640-822 ICND1 test. Studying for it in advance isn't beneficial if you are taking the two test route. Just studying for each specific test. ICND1 subject material is the foundation for ICND2. You need to learn the 1st before learning the second because each builds on top of the other.

Talic wrote:
    One thing, is the higher test number for 640-822 ICND1 due for the test being newer or is there another reason?

Yes, CCENT has a higher test number because it is newer.