Options

(70-536) -- Need help with study materials.

ChuuChuu Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Had a job interview today, were looking for a programmer fluent in C#/C++/Java. Nailed the C++/Java, got absolutely creamed on C# icon_sad.gif Worked in the language 3-4 years ago and apparently I forgot almost everything about .NET.

Nothing motivates me to study like an exam, so I want to take the 70-536.

From what I understand though, the official book is garbage. Too shallow to serve as a good reference, and I'm not going to read a book that has so many erratas that Microsoft couldn't fit it into a single document. It would just be too distracting and professionally dangerous if I miss something.

From reading around, it looks like there are two books for C#/.NET 3.5 that appear in almost everyone's "must have" list that are a good programmer's introduction and can serve as a reference:

Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform (Troelsen) link
Professional C# 2008 (Wrox Professional Series) (Multiple Authors) link

I want to pick one. Finding anyone who covers the pros and cons of either book is proving to be extremely difficult though. Anyone out there have experience with either book? Which one is easier to sit down and read cover to cover? Anyone know why the Wrox book is almost 1000 pages longer than the Troelsen book?

Comments