Options

Smart Phone for W2k3 Remote Access/Admin

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
So I’ve been kind of resistant to getting a smart phone. I hate text messaging and if I wanted to surf the net or whatnot I’d rather be at a terminal.

Anyway I’m doing more admin work, a lot of SBS 2k3, for various clients and I noticed Sprint has a unlimited anything plan for Voice and Data. So I started thinking maybe I should relook into getting a smart phone, if for no other reason to have the ability to do remote admin work from time to time. I know the Blackberry and Treo have some programs that support this.

Do any of you guys do this and if so how?

Comments

• Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    If you're going to use your phone for email as well I wouldn't suggest a Blackberry. Not sure if it's an issue with all Blackberries but I know with the Curves we have here, they must retain a CONSTANT connection with the Exchange server. If the Exchange server goes down for even 10 for a quick reboot, the Blackberry stops trying to authenticate itself and the email account goes into invalid mode. You then have to manually re-validate the account every time this happens. Becomes a big nuisance, I had to hand out instructions to my end-users because I just couldn't get bothered with it every day.

Go with Windows Mobile IMO
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    TYTN II is a good one, has WI-FI and built in GPS