hardware issue

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been getting a lot of blue screens,

I've noticed in the post that my cpu doesn't always show in the post for instance it seem that when I start the computer from it being turned off it shows in the post, but when I do a restart it doesn't show but windows can still start up.

It blue screened on me while I was doing a cpu burn test just now, but the systems frooze on me a couple times today so it could be related or not
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I've noticed some computers if a full power cycle isn't done then they skip through some parts of post. Now as to this problem, have you checked to see if you're overheating? Is the error code for the blue screens the same or different? Have you run a memory test yet?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    I've noticed some computers if a full power cycle isn't done then they skip through some parts of post. Now as to this problem, have you checked to see if you're overheating? Is the error code for the blue screens the same or different? Have you run a memory test yet?

The screen has been freezing today and then had the one blue screen while the system was running, the cpu is running at 59 degrees.

I had a cpouple of software issues with windows getting 'host process has stopped working' and also had ' routing and remote access has stopped working'. Had to go back to a restore point

pretty possitive my memory is good did a test on it not so long ago,
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    The post issue is weird but. Boot it up with a Linux Live CD and run for a while -- see if you experience weirdness. Also, try a hard drive diagnostic. If you're reading in corrupt data, there is no telling what could happen.Live CD