MCSA 2000 to MCSE 2003?

ToaDzToaDz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Firstly, I am new to these forums, but have used the resources here to assist me in passing exams.

I have just completed exam 70-218 and I am now MCSA 2000 certified. I would now like to aim for my MCSE.

Since the 2003 exams have been released, is it possible for me to become MCSE 2003 certified, by taking some 2003 exams? OR would I have to take the 2000 exams (such as 70-216, 217 etc.) to become MCSE 2000 certified AND THEN take the upgrade exam to become MCSE 2003.

I hope this post is not too confusing :)

BTW: When will the 2000 exams be discontinued? I cannot find any information regarding this.

Cheers guys!

::[ ToaDz ]::
Cheers guys!

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey ToaDz

Welcome icon_smile.gif

Well the 2003 won't be out for quite a while now. Probably mid/late 03 for certification if things go well - much later if they go like other MS releases ... lol. Shoot analysts are already talking about possibly not seeing 03 until 04, so I guess a wait and see attitude would be best. Seeing that there are many enterprises currently upgrading, or making plans to upgrade to W2K presently I wouldn't worry too much.
    Microsoft has announced the upgrade track for MCSA/MCSE, which will a lot better than past upgrades by all accounts. MCSA will be 1 upgrade exam and MCSE will be 2.

BTW - congrats on the MCSA.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • ToaDzToaDz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply!

I guess that since the 2003 exams won't be released for quite sometime, I'll take the MCSE 2000 track and complete the 4 remaining exams.

Hopefully by the time I complete the MCSE 2000 certifcation, the 2003 exams would have been released. I'll then be able to upgrade.

I need at least week's break, as I have been studying quite a lot recently icon_eek.gif Need my brain to recharge :D

Cheers,

Cheers guys!

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    haha - tell me about it. I'm taking Sec+ on Thursday and the brain has had enough. Actually I now wish I did 218 to complete my MCSA before I did this. Of course I will now hold 218 for a little while longer as I have been offered a killer deal on Linux+ and Server+.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007