Options

Paper/pen during exam

errorkenerrorken Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I tend to write some basic stuff on paper before I start my test.
I do this to make sure I don't make any stupid mistakes when stressed by the exam.

Now, on my exam confirmation I see that i'm suposed to get a 'laminated marker board' ?!
I hope thats no what I think it is? (a small whiteboard with eraseable marker or something?)

Are there any CCENT/CCNA takers that got paper on their exam (with or without explicitly asking for it) ? I took about 5 SUN certifications already and 1 IBM (yes I'm a developer), I always got paper and pen offered, so I never really payed attention to this.

I'm just going to ask for plain white A4 paper and a pen.
What could be wrong with that ?

Comments

• Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    errorken wrote:
    I do this to make sure I don't make any stupid mistakes when stressed by the exam.

Now, on my exam confirmation I see that i'm suposed to get a 'laminated marker board' ?!
    I hope thats no what I think it is? (a small whiteboard with eraseable marker or something?)

Are there any CCENT/CCNA takers that got paper on their exam (with or without explicitly asking for it) ? I took about 5 SUN certifications already and 1 IBM (yes I'm a developer), I always got paper and pen offered, so I never really payed attention to this.

icon_lol.gif they don't thrust anyone...

I always get the laminated paper and my writing is like font size 20
  • Options
    ok and what is laminated paper ? :)
    Is it like sheets of paper or like I said a mini whiteboard?

edit: or as google suggests, could it be an A4 paper wrapped in transparanet plastic ? :)
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    hi,

took my exam on tuesday just gone, i got given a piece of lined paper and a pen to use. I was supposed to have the laminated boards but apparently they didnt have any :D
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    errorken,
    errorken wrote:

Yes, it means a whiteboard-like sheet of laminated cardboard. One time I got unerasable marker and another I got tissue/thumb erasable marker.
    errorken wrote:

What is wrong with the plain paper and pen option is that is at least one source of actual exam questions information for the braindump industry. The examination candidate "innocently" writes the entire actual exam question on the "innocent" plain paper and "innocently" pockets the "scratch paper" into their pockets then leaves the testing center. Sometimes, some examination candidates intentionally fail exams so they can keep taking them and keep obtaining more and more actual exam questions to give to their braindump organizations. That's what could be wrong with that.
  • Options
    iwormsiworms Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At $250 an exam, they should be able to invest in better monitoring stuff and give us paper and pen. Nothing writes better than pen/pencil on paper.

With that said, it wasn't a big issue for me because the only thing I wrote down was this sequence of numbers: 0 16 32 48 64 80 96 112 128 144 160 176 192 208 224 240 256 (for subnetting blocks of 16). Everything else was in the head.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe they just need to give you guys better writing utensils. I had two 8.5x11 laminated sheets with a very fine-tipped dry-erase erase marker, and it worked perfectly. It was just like writing with a pen.
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    errorken wrote:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37966 Mike provided some info on it in this thread :) I wish I could have paper too... and a sharp pencil with a big eraser :P
  • Options
    Update: I also got the laminated thing (plastified piece of paper). If you are left handed as I'm it gets messy quick, but its ok. The advantage is that you can quickly erase something and that the paper is stiff, so it doesn't make any sound and stays on its place. Also its a larger format then A4 which is handy.
  • Options
    examseekerexamseeker Member Posts: 118
    I got one laminated sheet and a pen about the size of my pinky finger.. lol

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    cbigbrick wrote:

cbigbrick,

Unfortunately, you have to use the provided pen and not bring your own.