Options

Hacked... well guessed anyhow

bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The break-in of Palin's private account is especially significant because Palin sometimes uses non-government e-mail to conduct state business. Previously disclosed e-mails indicate her administration embraced Yahoo accounts as an alternative to government e-mail, which could possibly be released to the public under Alaska's Open Records Act.

>_o ugh
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    Yeah I saw that on Digg a little bit ago. I laughed. Why in the hell would a possible VP of the USA use a yahoo account -_-...

If that link doesnt have pictures just google palin yahoo hacked pictures and im sure youll find some I did and it was funny seeing some received emails that sounded like they were from some minister from a church lmao.
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    Yeah I saw that on Digg a little bit ago. I laughed. Why in the hell would a possible VP of the USA use a yahoo account -_-...
    It is intentional. It wouldn't go via official government email systems and therefore there isn't a log/copy of it.

It does show how poor security is in these password recovery mechanisms. If your target is a public figure or you actually know them personally then its quite likely that you'll be able to guess most of the "secret" questions. How many of your friends or coworkers know where you were born, your first pet or your first school?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Reminds me of:

122p_0c_ZoomB.jpg
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/webscout/2008/09/4chans-half-hac.html

Oh god, 4chan, how could I not have guessed.

"/b/ is now 'epic fail /b/' for not finding anything good in Palin's e-mail," wrote one anonymous commenter on the site, slamming the board with /b/'s highest-order insult. "Seriously, /b/. We could have changed history and failed, epically."
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Her password was "m00seburg3rs" ;)