Juniper Newbie Where to Start

linkadminlinkadmin Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I want to start studying for Juniper Certification. I have setup the olive with the virtualized Juniper router. Now I need something to study. I couldn't find any videos on the structure of the router and from where to start working on it. So some guidance will be greatly appreciated. Is there any specific book which i can refer (the book availability is too limited for Junos as compared to cisco) or a set of video clips that explain from where to start ?

Please refer some good books for routing and switching.

Thanks

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Probably the best books to study for Juniper routers are the sybex study guides, which are out of print but you can get the free PDF of them at juniper's website.

http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/books.html

I've read those books from to cover to cover many times over and I'll be taking my JNCIE-M next month or the following. They really teach you most everything you need to know.

The next book I would recommend would be the "JUNOS Enterprise Routing" which just barely came out. I have yet to pick up this book but I know people who have and they say its one of the most rewarding technical books they've ever read.

I haven't played around at all with the EX switches, been meaning too but a little busy at the moment. I know that in one of the posts in the Juniper forums the EX fast track program is talked about. You might want to check that out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For routing & switching, your best bet IMO would probably be "JUNOS Enterprise Routing". This is a very good book and includes material for all of the Enterprise Routing exams. Here's the Enterprise Routing track and some recommended training:

http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/er_track.html