Options

CCNA reading

c130c130 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks

According to your FAQ, Todd Lammle's book seems to be the best for CCNA.

Can anyone tell me how its ease of reading compares to the official Cisco reading material? I'm finding Cisco's CCNA notes almost impossible to read through because they're so awkwardly written and dry. I can read and re-read a paragraph ten times and it just won't stick. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Wendell Odom Cisco Press books are your best bet if you are looking for a single resource. If you are going to use multiple books then reading the Lammle book first then following it up with CiscoPress is the best idea. But the Lammle books just don't cover all the material that is presented on the exam.

The Sybex books are a very nice read but unfortunately don't cover everything you need to know. The Cisco Press books are more dry and cover a lot more information but necessary. I will never read Sybex as a single resource for an exam again.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What "CCNA notes" are you referring to? From their website?

+1 to what Mishra said.
  • Options
    c130c130 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    What "CCNA notes" are you referring to? From their website?

Cisco Netacad, and I had the CCNA 1 & 2 Companion Guide last year - you know, the one the size of a medieval flagstone. :P
  • Options
    rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    The CCNA books provided by Cisco Press are HORRIBLE!!!!! Way too thick and way too much extra information. I'm all about learning as much as possile but the CCNA has enough to memorize and learn already without having a lot of extra material to sift through.
  • Options
    What sections/chapters can be ignored from Wendell Odom's book that are just explained way better in Lammle's?

About a year ago, after one read-through of the subnetting section in Lammle's book, I had it down.

So obviously, I was going to ignore the subnetting section in the Odom book.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"