Options

RIP links and fault tolerance with a kicker

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
I have read Cisco document ID: 70559 “ASA/PIX 7.x: Redundant or Backup ISP Links”, and I was able to implement this on my home lab, but this was with Static routes.

I am going to use RIPv2 on my next setup, but I have some different variables.
T1 x2 x1
ASA 5005 x1
Router 2600 x1

Can I keep both T1 links active, and create a policy to force port:80 and port:443 traffic onto one T1, and have the rest of the traffic going over the other T1, but with a redundant policy, which stats if T1 that handles p:80/p:443 is down, forward p:80/p:443 traffic over to the second T1?

My goal is to keep both T1 lines active. I am able to follow instructions to have a nonactive DSL line be called up when the main ISP line is down, but I want to try to keep both lines up.

Thank you,
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    try an ACL to match port 80 and 443 and a route map to set the outgoing interface (PBR) and since the 2nd T will carry all traffic when the first T goes down shouldnt be a problem for redundancy. Local generated traffic or pass through will dictate your PBR. I'm just thinking out loud LOL. You might have to mess with RTR and enhance object tracking. HTH
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    kryolla wrote:
    try an ACL to match port 80 and 443 and a route map to set the outgoing interface (PBR) and since the 2nd T will carry all traffic when the first T goes down shouldnt be a problem for redundancy. Local generated traffic or pass through will dictate your PBR. I'm just thinking out loud LOL. You might have to mess with RTR and enhance object tracking. HTH
    Thanks, i will look into this.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    datchcha wrote:
    I have read Cisco document ID: 70559 “ASA/PIX 7.x: Redundant or Backup ISP Links”, and I was able to implement this on my home lab, but this was with Static routes.

T1 x2 x1
    ASA 5005 x1
    Router 2600 x1

Can I keep both T1 links active, and create a policy to force port:80 and port:443 traffic onto one T1, and have the rest of the traffic going over the other T1, but with a redundant policy, which stats if T1 that handles p:80/p:443 is down, forward p:80/p:443 traffic over to the second T1?

My goal is to keep both T1 lines active. I am able to follow instructions to have a nonactive DSL line be called up when the main ISP line is down, but I want to try to keep both lines up.

Thank you,

datachcha,

Is the ISP that provides you with the T-1 leased line the same as the DSL ISP?
  • Options
    datchcha wrote:

T1 x2 x1
    ASA 5005 x1
    Router 2600 x1

Thank you,

datachcha,

Is the ISP that provides you with the T-1 leased line the same as the DSL ISP?
    No. I was worried for redundancy. I figured if the ISP went down, i would have a higher change of still having connectivty.

thank you
    Arrakis