Anyone ever heard of an IT company called Touchbase Global?

Anyone ever heard of an IT company called Touchbase Global? They had contacted me with an almost-too-good-to-be-true offer, and I want to make sure they're not scamsters. Thanks.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• vistalavistavistalavista Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My quick Google search brought the following results:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=262327
    http://www.****.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=139224&pid=735746&st=0&#entry735746

On second thought, I think you knew about these posts already :P
    thanks Cacharo. Now I know why that site is blacklisted at techexams.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    thanks Cacharo. Now I know why that site is blacklisted at techexams.

The links showed either "page not found," or my own previous link. I got no useful information here.

What did you mean by "Now I know why that site is blacklisted at techexams"? Were you referring to Touchbase Global or the forum site?
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Whatever the xxxxxx forum site is. It got filtered in the certguard search as well, which is why it doesn't return the actual page for it.
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Yeah - I'm still no closer to finding out if that company is legit or not.
    Yeah - I'm still no closer to finding out if that company is legit or not.

Cert guard shows that the website you're a member of as Tricon7 is a brain **** site so you should stop posting there. Also if you are reading their "practice test", you should promptly stop.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Where are you looking for jobs? This is the second place you think is trying to screw you over in the last week? icon_lol.gif

Why are you suspicious about them? High salary? Will they make you an offer in writing? I'm sure that's no bullet-proof, but I don't think many scammers would go that far. You do raise a good general question: What can you do, within reason, to verify an employment offer is legitimate? I'd be curious to see the responses.

I wish I could help you out. I don't know anything about them though. Hopefully one of these two works out for you. You've definitely been struggling to get off the ground for awhile, and it'd be great to see you break through somewhere.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check the Cisco Partner Locator. You have asked them if they are a Cisco Business Partner, right?

Check the domain registrations and registration dates.

Check out some of the web pages with the Internet Wayback Machine.

There is a Touchbase in Dever that's a partner..... and a Touchbase in the UK. -- and that seems to match the Cisco Partner information for a Touchbase Communications with a Touchbase UC Ltd location that matches the touchbaseglobal.com registration address.

TouchbaseGlobal.com has an administrative contact at touchbasegroup.com... etc Follow that domain to the next one.... and the next one... and the next one. And check out the websites for those domains.

The US page and domain are hosted on a UK Server..... The touchbaseglobal "contact us" page information for Denver does match the Cisco Partner information for Touchbase USA Inc. And some of their "locations" do match some of the locations on the touchbaseglobal.com about us page.

Does any of your contact information match any of the information for the Touchbase Cisco Partner in Denver from the Cisco Web Site?

If you have to give them any money for anything -- then it's a scam. If you have to give them your bank account information for direct deposit or a wire transfer so they can send you money for a plane ticket -- then it's a scam. If they send you a check, but send too much and ask you deposit it and send them a check for the difference -- then it is a scam. If you have to pay for training before they can place you at a customer site, then it's a scam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT: From what I have heard from a colleague, they are legit (not confirmed) but essentially they are putting you in a fast track 12 month training which includes classroom, lab and on the job training. There is a salary given but obviously no where near what an experienced voice professional would receive.

This is essentially an entry level program...Entry meaning at least CCNA Level to start. Again take it FWIW...I have been led to believe that there is no expense required of the potential applicant.

Obviously, you need to be living near a city where they are located. If you learn more let us know. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.