Options

taking ccna in in 2 days

NosunburnNosunburn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So about 2 months ago I got a really great job working with a very busy and fast growing VoIP network design and solution implementation company. They hired me based on my limited computer knowledge (I have worked with small home based networks, installed many kinds of cabling, a lot of software install and touble shooting, built pc's ect. ect.). I was very upfront about my knowledge or lack thereof in the field. They really really liked me anyways, and decided to take me under there wing and train me, with the expectation of being able to have a CCNA cert in 3 or 4 months. Well, here I am coming up on the 2.5 month marker and my boss tells me, hey like uhhhh wanna take the test friday? I informed him I'd rather have at least another week or two to study, but he really insisted. Now I am not a total newbie, the job has required me to configure switches, wireless access points, routers with a couple routing protocols. I have helped install a couple optimans, I have become pretty versed with call manager and unity. I have also been working with a 2 CD CCNA training course (i have been through that program about 3 times), and I have also downloaded a few well regarded study guides. The thing is, I really don't FEEL that I am ready. I have been given the time between now and friday to cram my brain full of as much facts as possible. I have been assigned to study my ass off for these 2.5 full days before the test. My fear is that I have more config experience than terms and defenition.
My actual question is should I get one of those "GUARANTEED to pass in 3 days or less" programs? I know I can pass this exam, I'm just a little sketched out about being able to retain so much material so quickly. I mean I have configured ssid's and vlans... and done some routing. I KNOW I need to become more versed with my subnetting, but... yeah I guess i'm just nervous. I don't think I will be fired if I dont pass my first attempt, but I'm not sure. ssoooooooooooooo any helpful hints? I am still rummaging through your site and forum and finding it very useful. Other than that does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks a lot, really and please wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nosunburn wrote:
    should I get one of those "GUARANTEED to pass in 3 days or less" programs?
    No. Give it your best shot with legal study materials. You can take the exam and see where you are. If you don't pass, call it a practice exam. Then use the Second Chance if necessary.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NosunburnNosunburn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I know. Inside I know that I will be rewarded much more (in my career and by personal satisfaction) if I can pull it off. back to the books for me.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Goof luck! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    First, sounds like a great company! Makes me wish there were more out there like that! Second, sounds to me like you should do alright. Plus as it was mentioned above, second chance if you fail and you'll know where you were weak. Good luck and know them dead!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would just go for it. If you pass you pass if not at least you will know what areas you
    need to focus on. Good luck!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck!!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Give it your best shot using normal studies. Don't fall to the dark side with the brain ****. If you don't pass, you still have Cisco Second Chance to take the test again for free until Oct. 15th.