CCNP syllabus

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
Is it true that the CCNP syllabus is going to be changed this November? I heard it from a co-worker this morning.

Comments

• PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    The CCSP track is changing dramatically due to the new CCNA security and so forth.. the CCNP just got revamped 1-2 years ago.. .. they usually get revamped every 3 years give or take
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Plazma wrote:
    The CCSP track is changing dramatically due to the new CCNA security and so forth.. the CCNP just got revamped 1-2 years ago.. .. they usually get revamped every 3 years give or take

If they do decide to change the CCNP track, how long would you estimate its possible to take the remaining old exams? and how do they transition them, so people like yourself and me dont get stuck between already done exams on the way to CCNP and to the new ones?
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    1 year probably
    Inc wrote:
    1 year probably

Is that what it has been in the past?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Last time it was 3 months. Keep in mind exams that you passed will usually still count towards the new certification. I would doubt they are going to change the CCNP again after only 2 years.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    dtlokee wrote:
    Last time it was 3 months. Keep in mind exams that you passed will usually still count towards the new certification. I would doubt they are going to change the CCNP again after only 2 years.

I dont hope they will change it anytime soon :), and i DO hope that any passed exams will count toward any potential change.