Options

70-562

Hi everybody.. Well I am about to get my MCSA but actually I am working as Project Leader in .Net and Java Technologies, and I have been working on the .net 2.0 tool more than 3 years. So I made the decision a soon I pass the client exam, I will go straight to get ASp.net 3.5 exam (70-562). I am about to buy a couple books, Can you help me to decide which one is the correct book for this certification 70-562? Thanks in advance...
close to MCSA!!

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    There is probably no "one correct book" for any MS exam, but the MS Press books are the best ones to start looking at. Unfortunately, for helping with passing the 70-562 exam, it looks the MS Press ASP.NET 3.5 book doesn't have very good reviews on Amazon.com. Have a look at the Amazon reviews for other ASP.NET 3.5 books; you may end up buying several.

And what is the ".net 2.0 tool?"
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    JDMurray wrote:
    There is probably no "one correct book" for any MS exam, but the MS Press books are the best ones to start looking at. Unfortunately, for helping with passing the 70-562 exam, it looks the MS Press ASP.NET 3.5 book doesn't have very good reviews on Amazon.com. Have a look at the Amazon reviews for other ASP.NET 3.5 books; you may end up buying several.

And what is the ".net 2.0 tool?"

lol Sorry I was in a rush when I wrote that!... I meant to say VS2005 :) Well I will start checking those links

Thanks JDMurray
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    Ah, well, if you will be using ASP.NET 3.5 then you should upgrade to the VS.NET 2008 "tool" first. ;)
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    JDMurray wrote:
    Ah, well, if you will be using ASP.NET 3.5 then you should upgrade to the VS.NET 2008 "tool" first. ;)

I already did it. I have been working on VS2008 over 3 months.. Have you read this
    Book
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/12001.aspx
    Can you recommend me to buy it. Do you think that It will be enough? plus buying some practice tests?
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    I'm not an ASP.NET programmer and have not looked at this book. What do the reviews on Amazon.com say about it?
  • Options
    joseph jamesjoseph james Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My opinion about this book is that this should not be the first book you read about asp.net 3.5 if you are not a seasoned programmer in asp.net 2.0. This book clearly lacks review questions (as I have seen in other books) to be named as THE BOOK for preparing for exam. Linq and Lambda expressions are not covered in depth as I have expected it should do. As JDMurray said I think one should buy more books for exam 70-562. That is what I think
    Joseph James.
    Mobile Phone deals