Options

For the people that have taken the 70-270

My question is.....

The people in this forum that have taken the test and actually studied and have hands on training in the past. Did any of you guys passed the 270 on the 1st attempt?

The ones that have taken the test more than 1 time, do you guys have any hands on experience?

Comments

• Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Studied for it and had hands-on experience.

Passed on my third attempt:

1st attempt, no preparation at all (just to see what MS exams were like) and got 432

2nd Attempt, 1 year later, 654 marks, gutted.

3rd Attempt (2 weeks later), 715 marks (pass)

70-270 is a mean exam - very wide-ranging.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why wouldn't have hands-on experience?

I passed my first time. Just don't underestimate it because it's so common. Many people use XP on a daily basis, so they think they won't have a problem with it, but there's much more to it than most people realize.
  • Options
    HellowHellow Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1st attempt, had 5 days preparation got 677

2nd attemp, had week preparation but during the exam I changed 10 right answers to wrong answers and got 601. No hands on experience!

Hoppefully I'll pass on my third time. :D
    n/a
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Passed first attempt with hands on experience. The only area I really had to study for was RIS.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Passed on the first attempt with hands on experience and a little bit of reference to Mike Meyer's book. Scraped by as I had definitely underestimated the exam. If I rewound and did it again I would do a lot more actual study for it. Make sure I completely understand some of the areas I don't have real world experience with such as RIS and unattended installs for instance.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    I have hands on experience with XP. I never had any with RIS or unattended installs for that matter, I might just set up a RIS server and get the flow for it and help me understand it a bit more.I actually have 3 books lol the MS press book, the sybex and the exam cram which I completely forgot about.
    I just want to know going into the exam that I know I won't get shot down on the 1st attempt.