Options

BCMSN Global Knowledge Course

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
Has anyone taken this course and later taken the exam? I'm wondering how well it prepares you for the exam and what level of extra study is needed?

I'm finishing up the class today and looking to take the exam soon. I'm also finished with CCDA study and these two exams go together really well, so I think I'm in pretty good shape, just wondering how other people did after the GK course.

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Forgot to come back here after the class was over and discuss the materials, training, etc.

The materials provided are actually great! They give you a workbook that is divided into topics Cisco sets for the exam. Also, you get a lab workbook that covers all the topics for the exam, as well as on-line access to a complete lab so you can work with real devices during the week. The cool thing is when using their on-line labs, you can tell it which lab you're doing and it will load up the configs you need to do the lab. You can copy/paste those configs and store them somewhere else to load up on your own devices if you want to practice their labs later.

I hadn't studied for the BCMSN, but I feel much more prepared for the exam. With some more lab time(when I get the time) and the CBT Nuggets videos, I think I'll be ready for the exam.