health insurance

nangananga Member Posts: 201
hi all...got a job in WA...but my employer dosent pay for the health insurance until 2 months....i need a health insurance for 2 months. can anyone suggest a cheap insurance policy..just need to get covered just in case....

Comments

• LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    A short term good 2-month policy is going to be ridiculously expensive and an affordable one would probably not cover too much.

If it is just for you (no kids), I would recommend just saving extra money for 2 months, and if something happens, just find a doctor who accepts cash (most do). A routine sickness or minor injury won't set you back too much.

Bonus, if you don't need it... after 2 months, the money is yours.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    A short term good 2-month policy is going to be ridiculously expensive and an affordable one would probably not cover too much.

If it is just for you (no kids), I would recommend just saving extra money for 2 months, and if something happens, just find a doctor who accepts cash (most do). A routine sickness or minor injury won't set you back too much.

Bonus, if you don't need it... after 2 months, the money is yours.

Also I know that in most cases if you do have a family that those details can be changed if needed, can never hurt to ask.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're single with no kids, don't bother. Unless something really terrible happened it'd be cheaper to just go the the doc-in-a-box and pay for it out of pocket.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...