salimninasalimnina Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I choose the following path.

620 => 290=> 291 => 284 for MSCA

then

=> 293 => 294 => 298 or 285 for MSCE

then

MCITP

I choose my plan according to what the certification would enable me to progress further.
My questions are:

Is there any other path that will enable me to progress with obviously the minimum exams to take? is it a fair approach ( by choosing the least to do ) ?

what is the better, books or microsoft e-learning?

what would you recommend in books, I will start with 620

I do have a decent laptop, would that be ok ( I am planing to get an old PC desktop for practice)

much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend jumping into 293 directly after 291, its like part 2 of the same test.
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • Options
    Diminutive wrote:
    I'd recommend jumping into 293 directly after 291, its like part 2 of the same test.

I will bear that in mind, so do you mean doing it right after to have an edge to pass it as it would be an advantage rather than leaving it for later ?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, and it seems like certificates, clustering, etc. from 293 will help you out with 284, and a good understanding of 294 material will probably help out a little as well.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    salimnina wrote:

I think you will need 297 or 298 for MCSE, I think 285 is only an elective
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    dave0212 wrote:
    salimnina wrote:

I think you will need 297 or 298 for MCSE, I think 285 is only an elective
    yeah you're right
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would second the notion of folowing the 291 with the 293. The reason for doing this is that the exam objectives are very similar. The main thing you will need to study for the 293 that is not covered by the 291 is PKI, which is not a really complex topic as it is covered in the 293. By taking the 293 shortly after the 291 you are avoiding having to restudy for better than 2/3 of the exams objectives. That is what I did and it was suggested to me by two other MCSEs who took the tests in the same order.