Worth pursuing?

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was planning to work on 70-620 after I finish A+ because it will satisfy both MCSE and MCITP OS requirements but I am wondering if I should even bother since Vista was planned as an interim, minor release of Windows 7 which will phase Vista out when it is released.

I know alot of people do 70-620 because their company uses Vista clients but besides that is it worth pursuing?
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, once you learn 620, you'll only have to learn what's new in Windows 7, so it's not like learning Vista is going to be a waste of time. Plus, Windows 7 is pre-alpha (alpha at best) at the moment, and it's still a long ways away. I really don't see it being released until 2010 at the earliest. That seems like a long time to put off your studies.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The concepts on these exams are universal. Permissions, installation, troubleshooting, file systems.. etc. So there is great value there besides what you mentioned above.

As far as Vista being a minor release? Vista released at the end of 2006 for the enterprise and early 2007 for consumers. With the next version of Windows expected roughly in late 2009/early 2010 assuming they make their deadline we are talking 3-4 years between releases. Which is a perfectly normal release cycle for an OS.

I think we are looking about 180 million copies sold in the last PR release from Microsoft. So they are going strong.
    -Daniel
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    Nobylspoon wrote:
    I was planning to work on 70-620 after I finish A+ because it will satisfy both MCSE and MCITP OS requirements but I am wondering if I should even bother since Vista was planned as an interim, minor release of Windows 7 which will phase Vista out when it is released.

I know alot of people do 70-620 because their company uses Vista clients but besides that is it worth pursuing?

The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.

;)
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    saying vista is a minor release is like sayin Win2k was a minor release...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)