Options

e-learning or books?

salimninasalimnina Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    have just bought this
    the link is:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190256186718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

which is :
    * Textbook - 2279B
    o Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
    o Student Material Course CD
    o Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition CD 180 day Evaluation
    * Textbook - 2277C
    o Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services
    o Student Material Course C
    * Textbook - 2400C
    o Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
    * Textbook - 2278B
    o Planning and Maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    o Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition CD 180 day Evaluation
    * Textbook - 2276c
    o Implementing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Hosts
    * Textbook - 2273A
    o Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enviroment
    o Updating Systems Administrator Skills from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 CD

I hope I made the right choice, can anyone advise on what to add to those books, thanks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think they're bad, but from what I've heard, the course materials leave something to be desired. You may want to supplement those with the MS Press books.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I don't think they're bad, but from what I've heard, the course materials leave something to be desired. You may want to supplement those with the MS Press books.

I bought them for £50, MS Press book, any titles in particular? I am starting the 620. How about the E-learning?
    thanks
  • Options
    There's an MS Press book for each exam (with the exception of some of the less popular ones), so it would depend on what you're working on.

http://www.amazon.com/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-Exam-70-620/dp/0735623902/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223476728&sr=8-1

I'm not that interested in MS e-learning, but it might work for you. I think they have some free ones you can try out, so you can get a feel for them.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    There's an MS Press book for each exam (with the exception of some of the less popular ones), so it would depend on what you're working on.
    how abut the one I have just bought? I didn;t received them, i bouth them from ebay and I am wondering what do they cover?
  • Options
    I don't know; I haven't used them. They're the books you get when you take the courses.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I don't know; I haven't used them. They're the books you get when you take the courses.
    Do you mean I would get them anyway after taking the course? This is my first time, I still haven't enrolled for any exam and I am new to this, I don't know what's the procedure at all, could please clarify to me please.
  • Options
    Like I said, they're the books you get with the courses, and the auction listed them as the official course books. I'm not sure what you're confused about.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Like I said, they're the books you get with the courses, and the auction listed them as the official course books. I'm not sure what you're confused about.

I am confused about whether I will get them for free when I take the course (included in the course ) and I am wondering if buying them was somethings I shouldn't have done, as I said this is the first time and it could be that there are things I don't know, I am at the first stage of just choosing what to do, newbie stuff which i hope you understand, thanks
  • Options
    I believe you do. The courses are quite expensive; I can't see them forcing you to buy a book on top of that. Are you planning on taking the courses? If not, don't worry about it.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I believe you do. The courses are quite expensive; I can't see them forcing you to buy a book on top of that. Are you planning on taking the courses? If not, don't worry about it.

I will take the course yes, I know it costs money and that's why I asked you several time, anyway I think I will get my money back for things i don't need.

Now call me a **** or a thick, but the books i have just bought I will get them when i take the course and i will get them FREE, is that correct?
  • Options
    That is my understanding, but I haven't taken the courses myself. You should contact Microsoft Learning for a definite answer.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    That is my understanding, but I haven't taken the courses myself. You should contact Microsoft Learning for a definite answer.

my understanding is that:
    you pick the course
    get the materials you want
    study and when you want to get the cert then you just go to those website and do it !

is there anyone who took the exam could please clarify the steps towards studying MCSA and further as self study .
    thanks
  • Options
    Are you talking about an exam or a course? I'm talking about the official Microsoft instructor-led classroom courses. That's what those books you bought are for.
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    salimnina wrote:

Books are more comfortable.........
    close to MCSA!!