Options

Need Help ASAP , if not i'll loose my job , PLz help me

ycf.kassedycf.kassed Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gif i'm an it coordinator i've just begun on an enterpise
Their network was so bad , so yesterday all the departements they could not reach a network folder named Y:
And one departement sayed that they have losed some important data from the following folder Y:\design\Drawings.

when tryin to get inside the drawing folder i've a message sayin that i do not have sufficent rght and i need to change the audit parametres to can open this folder. But let you now that my manager has given me the administrator right and this morning i've went to the active directory and i've add myselft as member off all the administrator account. with this modification still can not acces to the drawings folder.

please help me

Comments

• Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Is your group or user account listed in the Security list of allowed users/groups? Just because you're an administrator doesn't automatically give you access, the Administrator group and account can be removed, blocking attempts to get in. The beauty of being an administrator is that you can modify ownership of the file or folder. To check ownership-

1) Right click the file or folder and go to "Properties"
    2) Click "Security"
    3) Click "Advanced"
    4) Click "Owner"
    5) You'll see the "Current owner of this item", might be a user or a group. If it's not a group that you are a member of, that's probably your problem, move onto 6)
    6) You'll see options below of groups or users you can change ownership to. You'll want to select "COMPUTERNAME\Administrators" assuming you are a member of that group, if you're a domain admin and this is a member server this should suffice.
    7) Click OK
    icon_cool.gif Now add your account or group to the SACLs and change your permisssions accordingly.

Hope this was of help....otherwise I'll feel mighty silly for typing this all up icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    thanks to reply so quick
    i'm member off the administrator off domain and machines all administrator group i'm a member of them.
    i used ur solution and still same problem
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    ycf.kassed wrote:
    thanks to reply so quick
    i'm member off the administrator off domain and machines all administrator group i'm a member of them.
    i used ur solution and still same problem

Can you log into the server where the share is located and work from there??

Were you able to take ownership of the share to reassign permissions??
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you check the share permissions as well?
  • Options
    i am login on the server as administrator
    then i go to the network folder Y: i get inside then design then drawnig double click i get the error message : " you don't have the authorization to display or to modify the paremtres of present authorization for drawing but to become you owner of it or to modify the parameters of audit"

so i've checked the solution from the brother SRTMCE WHON SAYED :
    1) Right click the file or folder and go to "Properties"
    2) Click "Security"
    3) Click "Advanced"
    4) Click "Owner"
    5) You'll see the "Current owner of this item", might be a user or a group. If it's not a group that you are a member of, that's probably your problem, move onto 6)
    6) You'll see options below of groups or users you can change ownership to. You'll want to select "COMPUTERNAME\Administrators" assuming you are a member of that group, if you're a domain admin and this is a member server this should suffice.
    7) Click OK

then i've reboted my machine , and then trying to open the folder drawing same error
    so i've checked the administrator group : i'm member
    i've check the domain adminstrator group : i'm member
    then i've added my self to all the other administrator group

and i've always the same problem
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After taking ownership of the directory, now you should go back into the properties and give yourself full control. That does not automatically happen by taking ownership. Taking ownership gives you the ability to modify the security of the folder though. It's a two-step process.
    All things are possible, only believe.